Friday 19 February 2010

Interview with model Alexandra Khan


I have just finished interviewing Alexandra Khan, a model who has posed for Figgis. Initially she was uncomfortable with the interview being filmed (as, in her opinion, she had not applied enough make-up!) and the first recording we made didn't save... But despite these hiccups I felt the interview went well and she seemed very honest and open which really helps add depth to my research.

She also had a response that surprised me... When asked whether she thought Figgis' work appealed to a certain type of audience, she answered that although his work is considered classy and that his collaboration with Agent Provocateur makes his work seem exclusive, that she does not think it alienates any 'type' of woman. My expectation was that she'd have thought his work for AP was pointed towards the elite, but this has shown me not to make assumptions during my research!

No comments:

Post a Comment