Thursday 25 February 2010

iCritique


I've just come home from the iCritique exhibition... This involved displaying our work in progress so that people could leave suggestions for and opinions on the continuation of our work.

At first I was feeling quite nervous at the thought of people actively 'critiquing' my work, particularly because I have never shown my work on this sort of scale before. As the cocktails started to flow, however, and after the first comment had been made I began to relax and ended up actually quite enjoying the whole process!

The messages left for me were helpful and it was really interesting to experience the various reactions to my work; some expected, some unexpected. It was a chance to really discuss in depth our areas of research with some familiar, and some not so familiar, faces. I also found myself contributing more than I thought I might by leaving pointers for my peers...

It proved to be quite a therapeutic exercise! All in all, a successful evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment