Wednesday 12 May 2010

Mike Figgis

I am so delighted that I was able to get in touch with Mike Figgis, as his work was one of the sources of inspiration for this project.

Figgis was not in the country and so was unable to meet with me face to face, but he was willing to answer some questions I had regarding his short film, Tied up at the Office. We corresponded through e-mail, and he even asked me to answer the questions I had posed to him! This was really exciting, as he seemed to be taking a genuine interest in what I was undertaking.

When I first set out to do this project, I never would have dreamed of being able to be in touch with a Hollywood director! This just goes to show that if you want something enough, and with will and persistence, you can achieve it. This has encouraged me to think positively about my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment